ISEE/SSAT at a Glance
- Targeted Grades: 5–8
- Class Size: 1:1 or Group (minimum of 3 students, maximum of 12 students)
- Time Commitment: 1:1 – two hours per week, Prime Session: two hours per week, Intensive Session: three hours per week
- Program Includes: 2 Practice-test sessions
- Program Dates: 1:1 – year round, Group – see below for program dates
The Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) and the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) are multiple–choice aptitude exams that students who are interested in attending Independent, Private and the Boston Exam schools take. The Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) is a three-hour admission test that has three levels: a Lower Level, Middle Level, and Upper Level. The Lower Level is for students currently in grades 4 and 5 who are candidates for admission to grades 5 and 6. The Middle Level is for students in grades 6 and 7 who are candidates for grades 7 and 8. The Upper Level is for students in grades 8 through 11 who are candidates for grades 9 through 12. The Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) is administered on two levels: Lower and Middle.
ACLC’s ISEE and SSAT test prep classes prepare students to achieve test scores that are necessary for admission into the state’s most respected schools. 95% of the students who complete our ISEE/SSAT prep course are admitted into reputable public, private, and independent schools.
10-Week Summer Group Program
August 16 – October 25, 2014
Saturdays | 9AM-11AM | No sessions on Labor Day Weekend
5-Week Fall Group Program
*September 27 – October 25, 2014
Saturdays | 9AM-12PM
*Pretest dates to be announced
Winter Holiday Program
December 22, 23, 29, 30, 2014
- The dates and times of our courses are subject to change, so please call to verify if an adjustment has been made.
- Assessment Test Fee: $40 – is applied to tuition if applicant becomes a customer
- Take-Home Book Option: If you’d like your child to take and keep the supplied Prep Course Book, you may do so for a fee of $35
- We offer sliding scale prices, call to see if you qualify. (Note: a limited number of sliding scale slots are available)